- This event has passed.
Mountain Equipment Co-Op: How to Stay Safe in the Backcountry
September 3, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Ticks. Bugs. Bears. Drinking water. Sign up for this beginner-friendly clinic to see how to handle this stuff in the backcountry. You’ll learn simple tips to be prepared and keep everyone in your group safe and happy while you’re enjoying the great outdoors.
Skill level: beginner
Format: knowledge-based, small group class
- How to look for and remove ticks
- Avoiding and treating bee stings and bug bites
- Bear avoidance and deterrence
- Walter filtration and purification basics
- What to include in a first aid kit
WHO’S TEACHING THE CLINIC?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome! Visit our website to register.