Was your new year’s resolution to eat healthier? Although we do love our baked goods and chips as well, we wanted to keep ourselves on track with diet plans. Why should we have to sacrifice good tasting food for our diets? Below are four delicious Keto diet meals that are sure to keep you satisfied!
Ingredients (4 servings):
1 lb. green onions
2 cloves garlic
1 jalapeno (chopped)
1 lime (for juice)
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. all-spice
1 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
8 pieces of bone-in chicken drumsticks & thighs
vegetable oil, to grill
1. In a blender, combine green onions, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, olive oil, brown sugar, all-spice, thyme, cinnamon, 1 tsp. Salt, 2 tbsp. Water until the concoction is well blended and smooth.
2. Place chicken in a shallow dish and season with salt. Pour the marinade over chicken, and toss until thoroughly coated. Let marinate in the fridge, turning once or twice, minimum 2 hours or even overnight.
3. Heat grill to medium-high and oil the grates. Grill chicken, occasionally turning until the chicken has char spots. (around 10 minutes)
4. Move chicken to a cooler part of the grill and brush with the leftover marinade. Grill covered until chicken is completely cooked, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Ingredients (serves 4):
1 lb. chicken, boiled & shredded
1 medium onion, sliced
1 can of green chillies
3 zucchinis cut into strips
1 tbsp oil
8 oz shredded jack cheese
1 cup enchilada sauce
Pico de Gallo
1. Preheat the broiler to high heat
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat saute onion for 3-4 mins or until soft. Stir in green chilis and shredded chicken. Remove from heat and stir in half of the cheese.
3. Cut the zucchini into long flat sheets using a vegetable peeler. Layer 4 pieces slightly overlapping and place 1/4 cup of filling at the end of strips. Carefully roll up and put back on the skillet.
4. Top the zucchini enchiladas with the enchilada sauce and the remaining cheese. Broil in oven for 5-7 mins until cheese is bubbly. Serve with desired toppings.
Turkey, Kale, and Pumpkin Soup
Ingredients (serves 8):
1 lb. sweet Italian turkey sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 cups diced pumpkin or butternut squash
4 cups chopped kale
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups water
1. Cook sausage in a medium-sized saucepan. Add onions and saute until see-through. Pour the broth and water into the saucepan and bring to boil. – Then reduce heat.
2. Add the kale and pumpkin then simmer until the pumpkin/squash is soft, about 20 minutes.
3. Serve hot with grated parmesan and pepper flakes, if desired.
Ingredients (serves 6):
1 pound ground pork
1 pound ground chuck
1 cup zucchini (grated)
1 teaspoon of all purpose seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon butter
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon mustard
3/4 cup heavy cream
1. Crumble ground meat into a bowl.
2. Using a grater, grate zucchini until you have 1 cup full.
3. Add grated zucchini to the bowl along with egg, seasoning, and salt.
4. Mix with your hands until thoroughly combined.
5. Melt butter into a large iron skillet.
6. Roll meat into 18 equal sized balls (using an ice cream scoop works best) and place in skillet.
7. Cook for 3-5 mins then flip and cook for another 3-5 mins until lightly brown.
8. Whisk together mustard, broth, and cream.
9. Pour into skillet with meatballs and bring to a simmer for 5-10 mins. Cook until meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
We hope these meals help you keep on track for your Keto diet! If you have any recipe suggestions or have any dieting tips, let us know in the comment section below! Good luck on your diet and get ready for a positive 2019!